Fancy helping to tackle homelessness by joining a business focused on doing precisely that?
If you’d like to talk about the role or the process before applying please call or email. We’re happy to arrange a confidential, informal chat.
We are Connection Crew: a Social Enterprise providing teams of talented people to solve complex production challenges - from building epic stages to crewing iconic events and more – working across a range of sectors including events, construction and TV production.
18 years in the making, multiple awards won, and 18k+ events under our belt.
Our finance department is busy! Are you highly organised? Enjoy working quickly and take pride in your work? Could you be the right person to take on this crucial administration role?
There's always something to do in our finance department, whether it's data entry, bank reconciliation or answering employee questions, this role requires someone who can prioritise their work effectively and enjoys having plenty to do.
The Accounts Administrator needs to be confident working with sensitive financial information and very comfortable with data entry. You’ll be processing a lot of purchase invoices each week, so you will need to understand the correct VAT application. You will also need up-to-date knowledge of payroll and pension legislation along with an understanding of staff onboarding and offboarding requirements.
Your Salary and Contract
- £28,000 per year
- Full time, permanent contract
- Cycle to work scheme available
Our Culture and Environment
We’re a friendly lot, and we enjoy socialising and having a laugh while we’re at work.
Our office is open plan with lots of natural light and plenty of plants. There’s a big kitchen in the middle for anyone to use. (And we’ve also been known to have the odd party there too!)
There’s no dress code, but we do have occasional (optional) fancy dress days.
We have an annual awards ceremony for our crew, as well as lots of little socials throughout the year.
There’s often a dog or three around too.
We are on a mission to provide opportunities for people who have been affected by homelessness or faced barriers to work, to access training, mentoring and employment in our crew. Ultimately, our goal is to help end homelessness and reduce inequality by supporting people to access work that works for them.
To do our best by people, we need to do our best by the planet too. That’s why we are aiming for Net Zero by 2030, working in partnership with our clients to drive down carbon and reduce waste wherever we can.
What you’ll be doing
- Coding and posting all supplier invoices, staff expense claims and petty cash
- Auditing freelance invoices and posting on the system
- Preparation of weekly and monthly supplier, freelance and expense payment runs
- Reconciling purchase ledger with suppliers’ statements
- Ensuring VAT invoices are correct, and VAT is recorded accurately
- Ensuring VAT receipts are provided for all claims and purchases
- Maintaining records of subsistence claims
- Daily reconciliation of bank account
- Downloading and reconciling Credit Card statements
- Answering questions and following up any discrepancies
- Raising and posting sales invoices ensuring correct Gl coding
- Reconciling client payments
- Credit control - making calls and sending emails
- Processing three monthly and one weekly in-house payroll using 12 Pay
- Exporting hourly pay details from our in-house software to calculate payments
- Processing starters and leavers including right to work and document checks
Who you’ll be
- Familiar with accounting software (we use Xero)
- Good knowledge of Excel functions (pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, SUMIFS etc.)
- Experience preparing payrolls in-house (not outsourced, we use 12pay)
- Accounting experience in high resolution (large numbers of transactions)
- Comfortable answering questions from colleagues and clients
- Enjoy working collaboratively in a lively, informal environment
- Keen to learn with an interest in building on your finance skills
- Comfortable using different software platforms and quick to learn new ones (we have lots of different systems)
- Basic understanding of UK employment and tax laws
Units 1 & 2, St James Mews, 276 St James Road, London SE1 5JX
Our office is on the 1st floor and accessed via a staircase
This role is predominantly office-based, with limited options for remote working.
We’re happy to offer flexibility on times of work, and welcome flexible working requests from day one.
The Application Process
Applications are submitted online via our website; first interviews are online, and second interviews are in person. We’ll give you a tour and introduce you to a few people at final interview stage.
We operate a continuous process, meaning we start interviewing as soon as we start receiving applications. We will close the process once we find the right person.
We will communicate with you by email and over the phone. If you have contact preferences, please put a note on your application, email us or give us a call.
We’re happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the process as well as the job - before you apply, or at any stage in your application. This is not limited to, but could include, alternative format documents, help submitting your application, or creating time for you to settle in before your in-person meeting.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We’re a friendly and inclusive bunch, and welcome applications regardless of race, religion, colour, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, nationality, or any other identifying characteristic.
If you’d like to talk about reasonable adjustments or just get some more information please get in touch
Talk to us
You can email or call if you’d like to arrange a confidential, no obligations chat about this role.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Call: 020 7231 8117